Blendcheck, a separate division within the company, are authorised as an approved assessment centre and able to deliver all WAMITAB (Awarding body for the waste management industry) courses.
Restricted to circa 12 candidates per session for maximum interaction and engagement, our training courses are carried out at our Midlands based purpose built facility. If it’s more convenient for you and numbers permit these can be conducted at your offices.
Our Blendcheck staff are qualified to deliver a plethora of waste management associated courses including;
Waste - Your Duty of Care
This cost effective course takes place every month due to its popularity, lasts approximately 5 hours and is conducted by trained industry professionals making it ideal for facility management companies, waste producers, brokers or dealers. On completion the learner will understand the principles of Waste Duty of Care, current legislation, auditing requirements and code of practice.
Continuing Competence Refresher Training
This is a 3 hour course and designed to assist people taking the Continuing Competence test. The course covers topics including;
- Environmental Permitting Regulations
- WEEE Regulations
- Operator competence
- Haz Waste regulations
It is taken at our training centre or if more appropriate on site at your facility. Please call for a quote and more details.
Hazardous Materials Handling Course
This course will be of particular interest to those who store, use or produce hazardous chemicals or waste and on completion of the course it is expected that learners will:
- Have a knowledge and understanding of material hazard codings both for product and wastes
- Be aware of sensible housekeeping practices when dealing with hazardous materials
- Have an understanding of the types and use of PPE when dealing with hazardous chemicals and waste
- Have a working knowledge of the infrastructure requirements when storing hazardous materials
- Be aware of HSE & EA guidance on this
- Have an understanding of spillage control and response basic when dealing with hazardous materials