We’re delighted to be sponsoring up-and-coming golfer, Danny Worsdale
Danny became interested in golfing by accident six years ago, at the age of 13, after he went with his dad and mates for a bit of fun. Danny said, “I really enjoyed golf the first time I played and have been playing ever since, it’s now taken over my life! I like playing golf as I can work hard at it and keep seeing improvements – it’s all about learning and progressing.”
Danny is currently part of Trentham Golf Club and has just moved out of the junior section. At the start of the year his handicap was 3.3. It’s now down to 1.7 and his aim is to get to scratch by the end of the year.
Danny’s recent big successes include:
- Represented County U16s and U18s
- 2016 Faldo Series Midland Champion (qualifying him for the finals in Germany)
- 2017 Trentham Golf Junior Club Champion
- 2017 Club Champion at 2nd Club with scores of 71, 69 (2 under)
- 2018 Club Champion at Trentham Golf Club. Shot 66 in club competition (9 under handicap) – a personal best for Danny, and only one off the course record!
Danny’s looking to build up his experience of competitions and different courses, lower his handicap, and continue developing his skills. Long term he would like to represent England with the hope of turning pro after achieving his goals as an amateur (watch this space!)
The fees for entering competitions, as well as the cost of accommodation and travel, can soon add up. Our sponsorship will help Danny to enter more amateur competitions to build up experience and develop his skills. He’s got a number of competitions and tournaments scheduled over the next couple of months, and we’re delighted to be able to support Danny and see how he progresses.