Lab Pack Chemist
We are looking for a Lab Pack Chemist to join our Technical Compliance team. Our company is driven by a commitment to support our employees by providing the tools and authority to achieve their goals. This job will involve working in a fast paced, challenging environment where your valued contributions will help us continue to grow the business and achieve the position as the UK’s leading environmental service provider.
Essential Requirements – Must have a HND or higher in Chemistry or related subject and a full, clean UK driving licence.
You will join a team of around 10 people within our Technical Compliance department.
The role of Lab Pack Chemist will include the below duties:
- Sample waste streams according to prescribed policies and procedures
- Collect and transport hazardous waste from the customers premises into our Brownhills site
- Manifesting, packaging, spill clean-up response and remedial activities, labelling, loading, off-loading, and coordinating transportation
- Sorting and labelling of waste materials for disposal.
- Maintain accurate hazardous waste inspection records
- Manage all site packing stocks
- Complete monitoring duties as required by our environmental permit and working with the technical team complete suitable analysis of monitoring results to identify trends that can inform our compliance strategies.
- Other duties will include supporting the technical compliance team on pre-assessment of waste into the Red facilities
- Support the customer base by being part of Red Chemist services
You will have the ability to work as part of a team and independently. You will provide technical compliance in maintaining technical support to meet our compliance obligations and the needs of our customers.
The right person will:
- Comply and enforce all compliance, health, safety, and procedures in accordance with company polices
- Recommend reasoned improvements to procedures and operating practices via internal auditing/ working practice observation
- Maintain a professional image to clients by answering inquiries and suggesting solutions to existing/potential problems.
- Ability to operate company vehicle, collection truck in order to mobilise to and from multiple customer sites nationally over the course of a day and week.
- Champion a ‘right first time’ culture, minimising rework and repackaging.
- HNC or above in Chemistry or a related subject.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
Advantageous Qualifications and Experience for the Role
- Health & Safety Training e.g. IOSH, First Aid Certificate, COSHH
- Experience of working in the waste management or chemical industry
- Training and experience in the assessment, handling, and/or packaging of waste.
Key Performance Indicators for the Role
- Ensuring all customer visits/ collections are professionally done within the required timelines
- Targeting zero accidents/incidents
- Targeting zero non-conformities
- Position: Lab Pack Chemist
- Reporting into: Group Technical Compliance Manager
- Salary: Competitive (dependent on experience)
- Location: Primarily field based, bringing materials into our Brownhills (West Midlands) site
This is a great opportunity for you to join our award winning company. We offer our employees the tools, authority, and support they need to succeed. We believe our employees are the key to our success – we offer our team well-being benefits including Matched Funding for charity fundraising, cycle-to-work scheme, and access to an Employee Assistance Programme and helpline.
Send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – please specify which location you are applying for.
Privacy Notice: At Red Industries we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process -note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.