Technical Sales Executive
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Sales Executive to join our commercial team at our Head Office in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire. Due to expansion and growth, we have a new position available for someone with experience of technical sales/ a chemistry background to join our waste management team.
Roles and Responsibilities
To assist the commercial manager in managing key accounts and ensuring queries are dealt with in a timely manner. To assist the commercial manager in all pricing and technical issues by working closely with the technical assessors, the operational team including the laboratory.
- To make technical and commercial judgments as laid down by the licensed permit and within the framework of company policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent communication to all parties with regards to non conformance paperwork
- Ensure that prompt sales/technical support is provided to customers when samples are submitted to the laboratory.
- Produce written reports to management and directors as and when requested in a timely manner.
- Communicate and liaise with customers/suppliers/visitors/staff clearly and effectively to requests over the phone or in writing.
- Periodically be available to conduct/assist with audits at customer’s premises.
- To comply with all applicable environmental legislation and to report immediately any problems you have with company equipment.
Experience/ Qualifications Required
- 2 years experience in a similar role and/or
- A degree in Chemistry (or equivalent)
Experience of hazardous and non-hazardous waste would be advantageous, but training can be provided.
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Be comfortable working within a team and contributing to its success
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance punctuality, personal appearance and adhere to company health and safety procedures.
- Pursue personal development skills and knowledge that are necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co workers, management directors and customers
- Location– Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire (Office Based)
- Salary– £25,000 – £30,000 depending on experience.
- Additional Payments– Bonus scheme – up to £2,400 if budget is achieved, Workplace Pension
- Report– Reporting to Group Commercial Manager
- Working Hours– Full time Monday – Friday
- Holiday Allocation– 20 days plus bank holidays, rising to 25 days based on length of service
Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, please complete our Application Form.