Stock Control Supervisor
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Stock Control Supervisor to join our friendly Operations team. You will be based at our waste processing facility in Brownhills (West Midlands), working within a team of people to manage the control of inputs and dispatch of material into the facility.
You will be working within a team and will report to the Stock Control Manager Brownhills.
Essential Qualifications – HND or higher in Chemistry (or related subject)
Stock Control Supervisor Main Duties
Your role will include:
- Approving bookings into site (internal and external), by ensuring there is adequate capacity to accept and store material on site in line with the site permit.
- Working alongside Compliance Department in contacting suppliers and confirming material is suitable for intended disposal routes.
- Raising of relevant paperwork to accompany waste scheduled for despatch.
- Acquiring booking slots/dates for intended disposal outlets.
- Booking of transport for outgoing loads.
- Listing of material for intended disposal route.
- Administrative function of raising purchase order numbers, destocking sites stock sheet of waste held on site and ordering of consumables required for role.
- Working to agreed Key Performance Indicators for the role and submitting these weekly for senior management review.
- Inspection of material prior to leaving site to ensure it meets compliance regulations for transport.
- Completion of paperwork to accompany outgoing loads.
Key Skills of the Stock Control Supervisor
- A strong mindset to drive site compliance inline with Health & Safety Regulations and Environmental and Hazardous /Non Hazardous Legislation.
- A drive for continuous improvement.
- Ability to take work as part of a team and delegate tasks.
- Work to a set of defined Key Performance Indicators.
- Ability to overcome problems and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- HND or Degree in Chemistry or similar field.
- Experience within the Hazardous Waste Sector.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor
- IMDG Dangerous Goods By Sea
- Health & Safety qualification such as IOSH Managing Safely
- A Waste Management Qualification: WAMITAB 4MTSH 4MPTH
Stock Control Supervisor Essential Details
- Position: Stock Control Supervisor
- Reporting To: Stock Control Manager Brownhills
- Location: Brownhills, West Midlands, WS8 7EU
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or complete our Job Application Form
Privacy Notice: At Red Industries we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process -note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.