Stock Control Operative
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Stock Control Operative to join our expanding team. You will be based at our waste processing facility in Burslem (Stoke-on-Trent), working within a team of people to manage hazardous and non-hazardous waste using equipment such as a fork lift truck.
You will be working within a team of 4 (to be 5 with yourself) and will report to the Stock Control Manager.
Essential Qualifications – Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence (less than 3 years old)
You will be based outdoors at our waste processing facility, working as a Stock Control Operative, using a Fork Lift Truck, in our busy operations team. You will be:
- Preparing waste materials to be dispatched off site while ensuring minimal non conformances
- Listing of outgoing loads, preparing driver paperwork using inhouse computer software, general data entry
- Ensuring all areas of site are neat, tidy and compliant at all times
- Processing waste accordingly – some duties include manual sorting and processing
- Safe pallet handling/ processing environments
- Using a computer to input data, sending emails, making telephone calls to other internal departments
- Conducting physically demanding tasks
You must have a valid Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence.
- Ability to work safely and keep a tidy working area
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Be comfortable working within a team as well as on your own initiative
- Be able to comply with company procedures and standard operating practices
- Capable of working in a hands-on role
- Be comfortable working in an outdoors environment
- Good attention to detail
- Able to prioritise own workload accordingly
Qualifications that would be advantageous
Whilst experiencing of handling chemicals/ waste materials would be advantageous, this is not essential as training can be provided. If you have had any of the following training, please include in your CV/ covering letter: 360 Excavator, PASMA training, First Aid Certificate, COSHH Training.
Position – Stock Control Operative
Location – Burslem, Stoke-On-Trent
Career Progression: Opportunities to progress to Team Leader
Essential Qualifications – Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence
Salary – up to £20,370 per annum (£9.04 per hour, plus night shift allowance)
Additional Payments – overtime, Workplace pension scheme
Working Hours – Shift pattern (mornings, noons, and nights). Some weekend work may be required.
Holiday Allocation – 20 days rising to 25 days based on length of service, plus bank holidays
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our Job Application Form