Stock Control Operative
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Stock Control Operative to join our expanding team. You will be based at our waste processing facility in Burslem (Stoke-on-Trent), working within a team of people to manage hazardous and non-hazardous waste using equipment such as a fork lift truck.
You will be working within a team and will report to the Stock Control Manager.
Essential Qualifications – Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence (less than 3 years old)
You will be based outdoors at our waste processing facility, working as a Stock Control Operative, using a Fork Lift Truck, in our busy operations team. You will be:
- Preparing waste materials to be dispatched off site while ensuring minimal non conformances
- Listing of outgoing loads, preparing driver paperwork using inhouse computer software, general data entry
- Ensuring all areas of site are neat, tidy and compliant at all times
- Processing waste accordingly – some duties include manual sorting and processing
- Safe pallet handling/ processing environments
- Using a computer to input data, sending emails, making telephone calls to other internal departments
- Conducting physically demanding tasks
You must have a valid Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence.
- Ability to work safely and keep a tidy working area
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Be comfortable working within a team as well as on your own initiative
- Be able to comply with company procedures and standard operating practices
- Capable of working in a hands-on role
- Be comfortable working in an outdoors environment
- Good attention to detail
- Able to prioritise own workload accordingly
Qualifications that would be advantageous
Whilst experiencing of handling chemicals/ waste materials would be advantageous, this is not essential as training can be provided. If you have had any of the following training, please include in your CV/ covering letter: 360 Excavator, PASMA training, First Aid Certificate, COSHH Training.
Position – Stock Control Operative
Location – Burslem, Stoke-On-Trent
Career Progression: Opportunities to progress to Team Leader
Essential Qualifications – Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence
Salary – up to £20,370 per annum (£9.04 per hour, plus night shift allowance)
Additional Payments – overtime, Workplace pension scheme
Working Hours – Shift pattern (mornings, noons, and nights). Some weekend work may be required.
Holiday Allocation – 20 days rising to 25 days based on length of service, plus bank holidays
This position has now been filled. To register your interest for future vacancies, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our Job Application Form
Privacy Notice: At Red Industries we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process -note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.