Stock Control Chemist
The Company has an exciting vacancy for a Stock Control Chemist to work in the Stock Control Team in relation to manging and approving incoming loads of waste, whilst ensuring there is sufficient capacity to accept the waste.
The Stock Control Team will also ensure outgoing dispatches of waste are appropriately listed, quoted for by a disposal supplier and are profitable.
The Stock Control Team will work will colleagues within the Transfer Station, to ensure Red Industries delivers it services effectively and efficiently.
The Stock Control Chemist will support the Stock Control Manager in maintaining stock levels of accepted waste at the Brownhills facility. This will include and not be limited to:
- Management of the onsite Stock Sheet.
- Selecting appropriate stock of waste on site for ongoing disposal. This waste will be appropriately listed, quoted for by a disposal supplier, have an appropriate IPO raised for it and will be dispatched in a manner from site that is safe and legal to be transport on the road.
You should have the following experience and skills:
The Stock Control Chemist requires the following qualifications and skills:-
- HNC or Degree Level Qualification in Chemistry or a similar related field.
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Experience in the Hazardous Waste Sector and legislation including: Sector Guidance 5.06, Hazardous Waste Regulations 2005, Environmental Protection Act 1990, Environmental Permitting Regulations 2018.
- Experienced in working in a Health and Safety driven business, with knowledge of the Health & Work Act 1974, The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- Experience to working to HSG51 – The Storage of Flammable Liquids in Containers, HSG 71 Chemical Warehousing: The Storage of Packaged Dangerous Substances.
- Experienced in working in a small team.
- Computer literate – especially in using Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
Send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com – please specify which location you are applying for.
Privacy Notice: At Red Industries we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process -note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.