Site Team Leader
We have a new opportunity to join our rapidly growing business at our Sneyd Site, Stoke On Trent.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Reception, Storage and Dispatch (RSD) team on site, unloading of incoming consignments of waste, segregation and storage of palletised waste once inspected, processing of waste as required, and general housekeeping.
Reporting to the RSD manager and the night shift manager, you will act as liaison between the team of 2 or 3 operatives and the management team. As well as ensuring the team meet their key performance objectives your duties include:
- Effective communication and liaison with other teams on site to ensure appropriate allocation of resources and movement of materials on site
- Complete all pre-use Fork Lift Truck inspections
- Complete and report PUWER safety checks on any equipment or tools used
- Safe operation of a counterbalance Fork Lift Truck in line with the company’s P.A.S.S policy
- Weigh incoming loads on the site weighbridge prior to unloading the vehicle
- Unload incoming loads into inspection bays, provide assistance to the Chemist during inspections
- Weigh individual items on pallet scales
- Separation and segregation of inspected waste
- Bulking of waste as directed by a technically competent person
- Completion of documentation to ensure traceability of all waste processed
- Preparation of outgoing loads (picking pallets from storage) including vehicle loading
- Housekeeping activities including sweeping, litter picking and drum crushing
- Promoting a positive Health and Safety driven environment
- You maybe required to assist other teams and complete other jobs as required by the business
Key requirements for the role:
- Fork Lift Truck counterbalance license
- Must demonstrate willingness to work in outdoor conditions in a hazardous chemical environment undertaking a manual/hands on approach
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills to understand written safety instructions including chemical labelling and prepare batch sheets
- Experience of working in the Hazardous Waste Sector and Warehousing experience are desirable but not compulsory
Privacy Notice: At Red Industries we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process -note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.