We are looking for an experienced site operative to join our expanding team. Our company is driven by a commitment to support our employees by providing the tools and authority to achieve their goals. This job will involve working in a fast paced, challenging environment where your valued contributions will help us continue to grow the business and achieve the position as the UK’s leading environmental service provider.
Essential Qualifications – Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence (less than 3 years old)
You will be based at our chemical waste processing facility. You will be operating a Fork Lift Truck in our operations team:
- Operating mobile and static plant equipment to handle waste materials in a safe and efficient manner
- Loading, transporting, and offloading waste
- Accepting deliveries
- Storing and dispatching hazardous and non-hazardous waste
- Experience in operating static and mobile plant equipment including counter-balance fork lift trucks
- Experience in safe pallet handling/ processing environments
You must have a valid Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence.
- Ability to work safely and set this example to others
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Be comfortable working within a team as well as on your own initiative
- Be able to comply with company procedures and standard operating practices
- Be comfortable working in a hands on position and outdoors in all weathers
Qualifications that would be advantageous
Whilst experiencing of handling chemicals/ waste materials would be advantageous, this is not essential as training can be provided. If you have had any of the following training, please include in your CV/ covering letter: 360 Excavator, PASMA training, First Aid Certificate, COSHH Training.
Position – Site Operative
Location – Burslem, Stoke-On-Trent and Brownhills, West Midlands
Essential Qualifications – Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence
Salary – up to £20,370 per annum (£9.04 per hour, plus night shift allowance)
Additional Payments – overtime, Workplace pension scheme
Working Hours – Shift pattern (mornings, noons, and nights). Some weekend work may be required.
Working Area – Outdoors in all weather
Holiday Allocation – 20 days rising to 25 days based on length of service, plus bank holidays
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our Job Application Form
Privacy Notice: At Red Industries we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process -note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.