We are looking for an experienced site operative to join our expanding team team. Our company is driven by a commitment to support our employees by providing the tools and authority to achieve their goals. This job will involve working in a fast paced, challenging environment where your valued contributions will help us continue to grow the business and achieve the position as the UK’s leading environmental service provider.
Essential Qualifications – Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence (less than 3 years old)
You will be based at our chemical waste processing facility. You will be operating a Fork Lift Truck in our operations team:
- Operating mobile and static plant equipment to handle waste materials in a safe and efficient manner
- Loading, transporting, and offloading waste
- Accepting deliveries
- Storing and dispatching hazardous and non-hazardous waste
- Experience in operating static and mobile plant equipment including counter-balance fork lift trucks
- Experience in safe pallet handling/ processing environments
You must have a valid Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence.
- Ability to work safely and set this example to others
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Be comfortable working within a team as well as on your own initiative
- Be able to comply with company procedures and standard operating practices
- Be comfortable working in a hands on position and outdoors in all weathers
Qualifications that would be advantageous
Whilst experiencing of handling chemicals/ waste materials would be advantageous, this is not essential as training can be provided. If you have had any of the following training, please include in your CV/ covering letter: 360 Excavator, PASMA training, First Aid Certificate, COSHH Training.
Position – Site Operative
Location – Burslem, Stoke-On-Trent
Essential Qualifications – Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence
Salary – up to £20,370 per annum (£9.04 per hour, plus night shift allowance)
Additional Payments – overtime, Workplace pension scheme
Working Hours – Shift pattern (mornings, noons, and nights). Some weekend work may be required.
Working Area – Outdoors in all weather
Holiday Allocation – 20 days rising to 25 days based on length of service, plus bank holidays
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our Job Application Form