We have an opportunity for a site operative with a Fork Lift Truck counterbalance license at our Sneyd Hill site, Stoke-on-Trent.
This role reports to the Reception, Storage and Dispatch (RSD) manager and the night shift manager, as well as following the instruction of the RSD Team Leader. The successful candidate will be responsible for the unloading of incoming consignments of waste, segregation and storage of palletised waste once inspected, processing of waste as required and general housekeeping.
You will be required to work a range of shifts, including some night shifts.
- Complete all pre-use Fork Lift Truck inspections, with appropriate reporting.
- Complete and report PUWER safety checks on any equipment or tools used.
- Safe operation of a counterbalance Fork Lift Truck in line with the company’s P.A.S.S policy.
- Weigh incoming loads on the site weighbridge prior to unloading the vehicle.
- Unload incoming loads into inspection bays, provide assistance to the Chemist during inspections.
- Weigh individual items on pallet scales.
- Separation and segregation of inspected waste
- Bulking of waste as directed by a technically competent person.
- Completion of documentation to ensure traceability of all waste processed.
- Preparation of outgoing loads (picking pallets from storage) including vehicle loading.
- Housekeeping activities including sweeping, litter picking and drum crushing.
- Promoting a positive Health and Safety driven environment
- You maybe required to assist other teams and complete other jobs as required by the business
Key requirements for the role:
- You must have a valid Fork Lift Truck counterbalance license
- Must demonstrate willingness to work in outdoor conditions in a hazardous chemical environment undertaking a manual/hands on approach
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills to understand written safety instructions including chemical labelling and prepare batch sheets
- Experience of working in the Hazardous Waste Sector or Warehousing experience are desirable but not compulsory.
To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy Notice: At Red Industries we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process -note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.