Site Operative – Brownhills
The Site Operative position will report directly to the Operations Manager and the successful candidate will be responsible for unloading palletised incoming waste and segregating and storing it in appropriate storage bays once it has been inspected by a Chemist.
- Complete all pre-use FLT inspections, reporting any faults to Management.
- Safely operate a counterbalance FLT in line with the companies P.A.S.S policy.
- Weighing of incoming loads on the site weighbridge prior to unloading the vehicle.
- Unloading of incoming loads into inspection bays for Chemist/Waste Checkers to inspect the load.
- Weighing of individual items on pallet scales if they are priced by weight.
- Separation and segregation of inspected waste to ensure all waste placed into storage bays are not leaking, are safe without the chance of collapse occurring and waste is compatible to be stored in storage bay.
- Housekeeping activities including sweeping, litter picking and drum crushing.
- There may be instances where other operatives may require support in their roles in busy periods – as such there may be a requirement to support them in their duties. A reasonable request may be made by Site Management to do as such.
Critical Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Prior to Employment
- FLT counterbalance – 2.5 tonne
- Experience of working in the Hazardous Waste Sector
- Warehousing experience
- Good team player
- Ability to work in a health and safety driven environment
To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy Notice: At Red Industries we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process -note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.