Site Operative – POSITION FILLED
We have a new job vacancy for an experienced site operative (FLT driver) to work in our waste processing area at our Stoke-on-Trent site.
Our company is driven by a commitment to support our employees by providing the tools and authority to achieve their goals. We provide opportunities for you to progress and develop your career. This job will involve working in a fast paced, challenging environment where your valued contributions will help us continue to grow the business and achieve the position as the UK’s leading environmental service provider.
Essential Qualifications – Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence (less than 3 years old)
Site Operative Main Duties
You will be based at our chemical waste processing facility.
- Operating plant equipment/ machinery, including fork lift trucks (FLT), to handle waste materials in a safe and efficient manner
- Offloading, transporting and loading waste
- Accepting deliveries, storing and dispatching hazardous and non-hazardous waste
Site Operative Experience Required
- Experience in the safe operation of mobile plant equipment including counter-balance fork lift truck (FLT)
- Experience in safe pallet handling/ processing environments
- Experience conducting physically demanding tasks
Site Operative Key Skills
- Ability to work safely and keep a tidy working area
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Be comfortable working within a team and contributing to its success
- Be comfortable working on your own using your own initiative
- Counter Balance Fork Lift Truck (FLT) licence
Site Operative Job – Essential Details
Position – Site Operative
Job Opportunities – Training to progress to Team Leader, Site Chemist, Plant Management Level
Location – Burslem, Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire
Salary – £20,370 per annum (£9.04 per hour, plus night shift at time and a quarter)
Additional Payments – overtime, Workplace pension scheme
Working Hours – Shift pattern – morning, days and nights. Some weekend work may be required.
Holiday Allocation – 20 days plus bank holidays, rising to 25 days based on length of service
This position has now been filled.