Site / Process Chemist
We are looking for an experienced Site / Process Chemist to join our team. Our company is driven by a commitment to support our employees by providing the tools and authority to achieve their goals. This job will involve working in a fast paced, challenging environment where your valued contributions will help us continue to grow the business and achieve the position as the UK’s leading environmental service provider.
Essential Requirements – Must have a HND or higher in Chemistry or related subject.
We’re looking for someone who has some experience in the non-hazardous and hazardous waste industry, or experience with process chemicals or similar.
Site Chemist Duties
- To receive, conformance check, label and complete associated paperwork within scope of the acceptance, storage and despatch of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes.
- To sample, compatibility test, batch and supervise bulking/stabilisation processing of waste materials.
The right candidate must have experience of:
- Sampling and checking of containerised waste (drum reception)
- Checking and completion of incoming and outgoing waste paperwork
- Preparation of waste labels for incoming and outgoing wastes
- Compatibility testing and batching of waste materials for processing
- Supervising bulking and blending operations
You must have a HND or higher in Chemistry (or related subject).
- Ability to work safely and set this example to others
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Be comfortable working within a team and contributing to its success
- Be comfortable working on your own using your own initiative
- Ability to work logically and make reasoned decisions based on experience and objective information
- Computer literate with fluency in all Microsoft applications
Qualifications that would be advantageous
- Health and safety training, for example IOSH
- Counter Balance Fork Lift Truck licence
Position – Site/ Process Chemist
Location – Burslem, Stoke-On-Trent
Salary – up to £30k per annum depending on experience (made up of salary and shift allowance)
Additional Payments – overtime
Working Hours – Rotating shift system. The successful candidate must be flexible as some weekend work may be required.
Working Area – Outdoors in all weather
Holiday Allocation – 20 days rising to 25 days based on length of service, plus bank holidays
Send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy Notice: At Red Industries we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process -note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.