Site / Process Chemist
We are looking for an experienced Site / Process Chemist to join our team. Our company is driven by a commitment to support our employees by providing the tools and authority to achieve their goals. This job will involve working in a fast paced, challenging environment where your valued contributions will help us continue to grow the business and achieve the position as the UK’s leading environmental service provider.
Essential Requirements – Must have a HND or higher in Chemistry or related subject.
We’re looking for someone who has some experience in the non-hazardous and hazardous waste industry, or experience with process chemicals or similar.
Site Chemist Duties
- To receive, conformance check, label and complete associated paperwork within scope of the acceptance, storage and despatch of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes.
- To sample, compatibility test, batch and supervise bulking/stabilisation processing of waste materials.
The right candidate must have experience of:
- Sampling and checking of containerised waste (drum reception)
- Checking and completion of incoming and outgoing waste paperwork
- Preparation of waste labels for incoming and outgoing wastes
- Compatibility testing and batching of waste materials for processing
- Supervising bulking and blending operations
You must have a HND or higher in Chemistry (or related subject).
- Ability to work safely and set this example to others
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Be comfortable working within a team and contributing to its success
- Be comfortable working on your own using your own initiative
- Ability to work logically and make reasoned decisions based on experience and objective information
- Computer literate with fluency in all Microsoft applications
Qualifications that would be advantageous
- Health and safety training, for example IOSH
- Counter Balance Fork Lift Truck licence
Position – Site/ Process Chemist
Location – Burslem, Stoke-On-Trent
Salary – up to £30k per annum depending on experience (made up of salary and shift allowance)
Additional Payments – overtime
Working Hours – 3 shift rotation system (6am to 3pm, 1pm to 10pm and nights as required). The successful candidate must be flexible as some weekend work may be required.
Working Area – Outdoors in all weather
Holiday Allocation – 20 days rising to 25 days based on length of service, plus bank holidays
Send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org