We have a vacancy to join our chemistry team at our Sneyd Hill facility. Reporting to the Reception, Storage and Dispatch manager, you will be responsible for the acceptance, non-conformance, recording, labelling and processing of incoming waste.
You will be required to work a range of shifts including some night shifts.
- Ensure all documentation is compliant with legislative requirements
- Completing acceptance checks to ensure waste is safe for acceptance to site, and safe for storage, processing and/or onwards transfer
- Sampling of received waste and liaison with internal laboratory for further analysis
- Recording waste acceptance and non-conformances using the SAP system
- Working to 48-hour KPI for incoming loads to be checked and fully recorded in SAP
- Ensuring waste is being appropriately stored in line guidance
- Ensuring all waste is labelled correctly with all relevant information
- Processing of waste as required – to include bulking, sorting, segregating, listing and re-packing of wastes
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work area completing housekeeping as required
- Promoting a positive Health and Safety driven environment
- Assisting other teams and performing other duties when required by the business.
- HNC or Degree Level Qualification in Chemistry or a similar related field.
Skills and Experiences Required:
- Experience in working in the waste Sector (Ideal but not compulsory)
- Computer literate – especially in using Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Must demonstrate willingness to work in outdoor conditions in a hazardous chemical environment undertaking a manual/hands on approach.
Please send your CV, stating position title to firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy Notice: At Red Industries we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process -note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.