We have a vacancy to join our chemistry team at our Brownhills facility. Reporting to our Operations Manager you will be responsible for the inspection of incoming waste materials. An eye for detail, you will ensure suitability for acceptance, label compliance and correct storage in our facility.
- To accept and inspect incoming consignments of Hazardous and Non-Hazardous Waste in line with site procedures, sector guidance and the site permit. Ensuring waste is assessed on the basis of Health and Safety, Environmental Compliance and Cost Control
- Record arrival of waste onto site using SAP system, raising non-conformances as required in line with the acceptance procedure
- Labelling of waste with required information ready for safe storage
- Processing of waste as directed such as bulking
- Provision of technical support to other members of staff on site
- HNC or Degree Level Qualification in Chemistry or a similar related field.
Skills and Experiences Required:
- Experience in working in the waste Sector (Ideal but not compulsory)
- Computer literate – especially in using Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Must demonstrate willingness to work in outdoor conditions in a hazardous chemical environment undertaking a manual/hands on approach.
Please send your CV, stating the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy Notice: At Red Industries we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process -note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.