Site Operative – Process Plant
We have a vacancy for a site operative to work in the Process Plant area of our Stoke-on-Trent waste processing facility.
Our company is driven by a commitment to support our employees by providing the tools and authority to achieve their goals. We provide opportunities for you to progress and develop your career. This job will involve working in a fast paced, challenging environment where your valued contributions will help us continue to grow the business and achieve the position as the UK’s leading environmental service provider.
Essential Qualifications – Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence (less than 3 years old)
Site Operative Main Duties
You will be part of our Process Plant team operating machinery and carrying out physically demanding duties. Your responsibilities will include:
- Batching and compatibility testing of wastes
- Processing and dispatching of waste for disposal of site to meet client specifications
- Solidification and stabilisation of hazardous and non-hazardous waste
- Operating mobile and static plant equipment and machinery to handle materials in a safe and efficient manner (including 360 Excavator and Fork Lift Truck)
- Conducting physically demanding tasks
Site Operative Key Skills
- Ability to work safely and keep a tidy working area
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Ability to comply with company procedures and standard operating practices
- Be comfortable working within a team and contributing to its success
- Be comfortable working on your own using your own initiative
Site Operative Experience/ Qualifications Required
- Experience in the safe operation of static and mobile plant equipment
- Experience in safe pallet handling/ processing environments
- Experience working in a physically demanding role
- Counter Balance Fork Lift Truck (FLT) licence is essential.
- You will be required to operate an Excavator 360° Digger – however, we can provide full training if required.
Other qualifications/ experience that would be advantageous, but not essential as training can be provided, include:
- Experience in chemical/ waste processing environments
- PASMA Training
- Confined Space Training
- First Aid Certificate
- COSHH Training
Site Operative Job – Essential Details
Position – Site Operative – Process Plant
Training – We can provide 360° Excavator Digger training
Job Opportunities – Training to progress to Team Leader, Site Chemist, Plant Management Level
Location – Burslem, Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire
Salary – £20,370 per annum (£9.04 per hour, plus night shift allowance)
Working Hours – Shift pattern.
Holiday Allocation – 20 days plus bank holidays, rising to 25 days based on length of service
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our Job Application Form