Landfill Commercial Manager
Midlands & North West
Red Industries employs some of the UK’s most highly experienced industry professionals, with our focus being on delivering cost effective, compliant, sustainable waste management services across the UK. Operating from our base in the West Midlands, we are ideally located to provide services to customers across England, Scotland, and Wales.
Red Industries has embarked upon an ambitious growth journey which has seen revenues grow from £16M (2018) to £34.5M (2019). In 2019, the Red Industries was ranked in 73rd position in the Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100, as one of the fastest growing companies in terms of revenue generation in the previous financial year (2018), and we would expect to appear again with a higher placing due to our 2018 to 2019 performance improvement. It is an exciting time to join Red Industries as we continue to grow our business and market share whilst also broadening our capability and delivering new and allied services as we develop new operational expertise.
Due to our continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Landfill Commercial Manager to join the team as we look to extend and build upon the existing sales capability to support our non-hazardous landfill site operation near Newcastle under Lyme.
Landfill Commercial Manager Responsibilities include:
- Joining our team, the Landfill Commercial Manager will identify and secure, profitable new waste inputs and contracts to the non-hazardous landfill site at Newcastle under Lyme focusing on commercial customers within pre-set budget parameters.
- You will lead the optimisation of gate fees at the site working closely with the operations team and negotiate advantageous commercial terms and conditions on behalf of Red Industries.
- The Landfill Commercial Manager will develop and implement the sales plan for the non-hazardous landfill site which will see the site achieve annual budgets in terms of revenue and EBITDA.
- You will develop, improve and expand the spectrum of waste inputs whilst retaining the existing customer base and attract new customers to generate additional revenue.
- You will also be responsible for the effective financial management of the service, maintaining its cost competitiveness against other providers, and keeping debt to the lowest practicable level.
- Ensuring that all finance and environmental related statutory documentation is in place for all waste inputs accepted at the site and updated as necessary throughout the year.
The ideal Landfill Commercial Manager will have:
- Extensive sales experience and a proven track record of generating new business for a large-scale commercial landfill operation. The individual would be driven, tenacious and committed to succeed individually and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of waste management related legislation and associated guidance in respect of landfill and road transport operations.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels, both verbally and written.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work to targets and deadlines.
- Knowledge of the landfill waste (ideally focused on non-hazardous materials) and soil remediation markets and processes leading to the production of wastes.
- Good knowledge of the geographical waste market area.
- Developed report writing skills together with the ability interpret, manipulate and present commercial and financial information.
In return for your hard work as our Landfill Commercial Manager, we can offer a competitive salary and car allowance as well as eligibility to participate in a bonus scheme which recognises your part in the success of the business.
If you want to work for an innovative and successful growing company that is focused on great customer care, social and environmental responsibility as well as being sustainable into the future; and within an exciting team-orientated and collaborative environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply with cv and covering letter to: Kath Thompson – Group HR Manager, Red Industries, Borough House, Berkeley Court, Borough Road, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, ST5 1TT or via email.
Privacy Notice: At Red Industries we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process -note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.