Operations began in Stoke-on-Trent in 2006 and just a year later 3 separate BSI accreditations were gained; our ISO14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS18001 accreditations are still held today.
By 2009 an immobilisation plant had been installed and the fleet and service offerings were increased due to the purchase of J&K Oils. RED’s vision of becoming one of the UK’s most valued waste management service providers, along with a customer oriented approach to product & service development, led to further increases in service offerings and by 2012 customers were being offered a cost effective, total waste management service.
Driven by the search for new sustainable waste management solutions, RED researched and sourced innovations in recycling, chemical treatment technologies and waste reduction processes and following a successful 2013, were able to increase the range of services available once again. RED diversified into environmental products supply, with a range of Aqueous Parts Washers and through the supply of those Aqueous parts washers, RED showed a commitment to replacing all solvent based systems with an environmentally friendly, yet powerful alternative.
In November 2016, the company acquired its first non-hazardous landfill site, Walleys Quarry. As well as the processing of waste, there is a power generation plant on site, which produces electricity by converting methane gas into energy. The landfill site has been smoothly integrated into our business, ensuring the retention of key customers, the development of new business, and the expansion of services for existing customers. The Red Industries Landfill Communities Fund was established in 2017 and has funded numerous projects in the surrounding area.
In December 2018, the Red Industries Group acquired Environmental Resource Group and all its subsidiary companies (including Chemtech, Boxclever and more). The acquisition strengthened our position in the market and made us one of the largest independent waste management companies in the West Midlands.
By listening to and collaborating with customers we are able to identify and make widely available any potential new products, services or processes for the management of both hazardous and non hazardous wastes. Our ambition and commitment to safeguarding the future of the business has brought us to where we are today, and will get us to where aim to be in another 10 years time.
We’re proud to be recognised for our achievements:
- Staffordshire Chamber of Commerce Business Awards 2018 – Highly Commended for the Medium/ Large Business of the Year Award
- Staffordshire Chamber of Commerce Business Awards 2018 – Runner Up Overall Business of the Year Award
- The Sentinel Business Awards 2018 – WINNER Business of the Year
- The Sentinel Business Awards 2018 – Runner Up Business in the Community
- Signal Radio Inspiration in Business Awards 2018 – WINNER Contribution to Community
- Chartered Institution of Wastes Management 2018 – Affiliated Member
- Staffordshire Chamber of Commerce Business Awards 2017 – Highly Commended for the Medium/ Large Business of the Year Award
- Holders of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001