Please check if your project is eligible for the Landfill Communities Fund before submitting an application. Successful applications may be funded to any amount up to the requested figure.
We work closely with the Derbyshire Environmental Trust who administer the Landfill Communities Fund on our behalf. The Derbyshire Environmental Trust was established in August 1997 to meet the need for landfill tax contributions to go through an environmental body.
1. Contact Derbyshire Environmental Trust for an application pack and guidance on the eligibility of your project.
01629 539182 or 01629 538614
or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Complete the application form and return to Derbyshire Environmental Trust with any supporting documents/ information.
3. Your application will be reviewed by the Red Industries Landfill Communities Fund Committee. Applicants will be informed of the decision by letter.
4. If successful, obtain and submit copies of at least three competitive quotations for the work.
5. Derbyshire Environmental Trust will seek to adopt the project and register it with ENTRUST (the national regulator of the Landfill Communities Fund).
6. Once registration is confirmed, applicants will be sent a draft legal agreement and asked to provide the Third Party Contribution.
7. After the Third Party Contribution has been received and the formal contract agreed, work may begin.
Please note, the next closing date for applications is 8th September. Applications are accepted all year round. The RED Industries Landfill Communities Fund panel meets 3-4 times per year to review applications.