We are looking for a Team Leader to work in our waste processing area. You will be based at our chemical processing facility, where you and your team will be operating plant equipment and machinery to handle waste materials.
Our company is driven by a commitment to support our employees by providing the tools and authority to achieve their goals. This job will involve working in a fast paced, challenging environment where your valued contributions will help us continue to grow the business and achieve the position as the UK’s leading environmental service provider.
You will be working as part of our operations department, leading a team.
- Ensure you and your team operate plant and equipment to handle waste materials in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure you and your team work safely, and proactively raise health and safety standards within the team and across the site
- Ensure you and your team meet production requirements
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area, and actively encourage improving housekeeping standards across the site
- Actively challenge poor safety practises in your team and across the site
- Comply and contribute to the improvement of company systems and procedures.
- Champion a ‘right first time’ culture, minimising non conformancies
Team Leader Key Skills
- Able to communicate well with others
- Able to learn new systems and procedures and then train and mentor others to apply them
- Able to make reasoned decisions to resolve problems
- Able to review and analyse working practices to propose reasoned improvements
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Counter Balance Fork Lift Truck (FLT) licence
- Minimum three years previous Team Leader / relevant supervisory experience
- Experience in safe pallet handling/ processing environments
- Team Leaders qualifications, for example ILM level 1 or 2
- First Aid Certificate
- Health & Safety Training e.g. IOSH
- Working in the waste management or chemical industry
- Experience in a warehouse, freight, or distribution facility
Position – Team Leader
Job Opportunities – Training to progress to Site Chemist, Plant Management Level
Location – Burslem, Stoke-On-Trent
Salary – £23,750 per annum (£10.54 per hour, plus night shift at time and a quarter)
Additional Payments – overtime, Workplace pension scheme
Working Hours – Shift pattern – morning, days and nights. Some weekend work may be required.
Holiday Allocation – 20 days plus bank holidays, rising to 25 days based on length of service
Please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org