Landfill Site Operative
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Landfill Site Operative to join our team at Walleys Landfill in Staffordshire. The right person will have experience of operating mobile plant equipment (such as a compactor, 360 excavator etc.).
Red Industries is a growing waste management and environmental services provider. We know that our employees are the key to our success – we’re committed to providing our team members with the tools, authority, and support they need to succeed and develop their careers. Apply now and join our team!
You will be based at our non-hazardous landfill site in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire. Your role will include:
- Operating mobile and static plant equipment to handle waste materials in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure machinery is serviceable by carrying out specified daily checks, as well as lubricating, refueling and cleaning machinery
- General housekeeping duties as directed
The right person for our team should have:
- Experience in the safe operation of mobile plant equipment including tractors, compactor vehicles, loading shovels, bulldozer, excavator etc.
- A valid CPC/ CITB card or equivalent.
Experience of working at a landfill site would be advantageous, but not essential as training can be given.
Previous roles you may have had could include 360 Excavator Operator, Mobile Plant Operator, Site Operative with a background in landfill, construction, agriculture, or a similar industry.
As a Landfill Site Operative you should possess the following skills:
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Ability to follow company procedures and standard operating practices
- Be comfortable working within a team with limited supervision
- Be comfortable working outdoors in all weathers
Position – Landfill Site Operative
Location – Silverdale, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire
Essential Licence – CPC/ CITB card or equivalent
Salary – £9.25 per hour dependent upon experience (equivalent to £29,500 per annum)
Additional Payments – overtime (time and a half after 40 hours work), Workplace pension scheme
Working Hours – 6.45am – 5pm Mon to Fri, plus 6.45am – 12noon Sat (as required)
Working Area – Outdoors in all weather
Holiday Allocation – 20 days rising to 25 days based on length of service, plus bank holidays
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org