We have a fantastic opportunity for a Compliance Officer to join our friendly team of waste management professionals. The successful candidate will join a team of around 10 people within our technical assessment and technical sales team involved in the collection of relevant data to complete successful and efficient assessment of incoming waste streams to meet our compliance needs and the needs of our clients.
Compliance Officer Main Responsibilities
- Work as part of our technical team at Red and with the sales team to ensure internal and external client needs are met safely, efficiently and in sensible compliance with our permits.
- Assess incoming wastes thoroughly to ensure health, safety and environmental compliance such that waste can be received efficiently in full compliance with our environmental permits and operating practices.
- Carry out internal audits at our facilities to assess compliance with current health, safety and environmental regulation.
- Complete monitoring duties as required by our environmental permit and working with the technical team complete suitable analysis of monitoring results to identify trends that can inform our compliance strategies.
- Comply with and recommend reasoned improvements to company systems and procedures.
- Champion a ‘right first time’ culture, minimising rework and repackaging
Your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) will be:
- Targeting Zero Accidents/ Incidents
- Targeting Zero Non-Conformities
Compliance Officer Key Skills
Ability to work as part of a team, leading technical compliance in providing technical support to meet our compliance obligations and the needs of our customers.
The successful candidate will need to be able to fully assimilate company procedures/operating practices and via internal auditing/working practice observation offer reasoned improvements to these systems.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- HNC or above in Chemistry or a related subject
The below qualifications/ experience would be advantageous, but are not essential as training can be provided:
- Health & Safety Training e.g. IOSH, First Aid Certificate, COSHH
- Experience of working in the waste/ chemical industry
- Training and experience in the assessment of waste
Position – Compliance Officer. You will be reporting to the Group Technical Operations Director.
Hours – Full time Monday to Friday
Salary – £25,000 – £32,000 DOE
Please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the essential qualifications and experience required for this position.